The curtains are finished! I let these things stress me out a little. When we found out we were having a boy, I knew right away that I wanted thick striped white and navy curtains. I’ve seen lots of DIY versions from painting, to sewing on stripes, or just finding thick striped fabric (which was pretty much impossible and expensive!).
I was a little down because it didn’t seem to be working out and then I saw these duvet covers at Target.
They were perfect! I bought two twin sized at $19.99/each. Not only are they the perfect color and stripe thickness, but they’re already lined while being light enough to look like a curtain. I didn’t have to hem them either! I just clipped them up, so if we want, we can totally take these down and use as a duvet on his big boy bed down the road.
We made the curtain rod using electrical conduit that we got for a couple of dollars and simple brackets from Home Depot. The finials and curtain rings are from Ikea. I used this tutorial from House of Hepworth’s for the rod and hanging the duvets. Pretty darn simple!
I love them. They were exactly what I wanted, required no sewing, and were cheap! We spent around $60 for the whole set up (curtains, rod, finials, etc). And…they can be used later as actual duvet covers.