We’ve been slowly working on the nursery over the past couple of months. The biggest task was cleaning it out! This room was my craft/office space and it was FULL. Hubby knows I need deadlines and goals to finish things, so I couldn’t order the crib until the room was completely empty. That got me moving.🙂 We ordered the Davinci Jenny Lind from Amazon and it arrived in just a few days!
Then we started the task of patching the walls (the previous owners used this room as their nursery and boy did they do some damage to the walls! I’ve just been camouflaging the spots with hanging things on the wall and covering with curtains over the past few years.) Once Mark patched and sanded everything down, I started painting. I knew I wanted a light grey and was so afraid of picking the wrong grey and having to repaint that I just went with the greys from our guest bath. I knew they looked pretty. :) I painted the walls, beadboard, trim and doors. Such a long process! I used all No VOC paint and worked in a well ventilated area, should you be concerned about Baby Wade.
We ventured out to Ikea to pick up the dresser, rug, and diaper pail. Sadly, we didn’t leave with the chair I wanted. If we can’t find an alternative, I think I’ll be making a trip back over before August.
Here it is in its current state! I’ll be using the top of the dresser as a changing area, but couldn’t help but put a few of the items I’ve been collecting on top for now. I’m going with a classic/vintage/all american boy theme. And by the way, the lamp shade will be changed out. I found that little number on sale for $3 at Lowe’s a couple of years ago. Curtains are on the agenda next. I found the perfect solution and I’m so excited to get them up!