My sweet in laws gave us an old dresser they had to use as a buffet in our living room about 6 months ago. We got home to find out it was about 3 inches too wide for the space! Total bummer. The husband saw my distress and suggested using it as a dresser in our bedroom. Genius! After many months of indecision on what color to go with, I finally decided to just go for it the first week of January. I sanded/primed on day 1, found some paint leftover from our kitchen and painted it on day 2, bought hardware on day 3 and we moved that sucker in! It’s the most focused I’ve ever been on a project like this and I’m happy to say we finished so quickly!
So here’s the room before right after we moved in the house (this is the best shot I have) (p.s. my mom built that dresser years ago for me! skills, I tell you!).
Here’s the new dresser, before:
And…the room & dresser after!
The mirror above it was an old frame my mom had picked up a while back. I had plans to paint it and turn it into a chalkboard to hang somewhere in the house, but once I held it up to the dresser I realized it was already the perfect color! We bought a plain beveled mirror at Lowe’s for $19 and attached it to the frame.
I couldn’t find the paint color on Valspar’s site, but here’s a shot of the color and make up. I think it was originally matched to a Martha Stewart color back when she had a line at Lowe’s.
I really love how the whole thing turned out. And the whole shabang was only around $70 for new hardware and the mirror. It feels much more open now and it makes me happy every time I walk in our bedroom. : )