I’m finally joining in the Dare to DIY party that Kim’s been hosting for the past few weeks.
This week’s assignment was Dare to….Eat Cookies. Now I think that’s all one we can get on board for, right? 🙂
Heavenly Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (11.5 ounce) package semisweet chocolate mega-morsels or chocolate chunks*
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
– Combine butter and coffee granules in a small saucepan or skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until butter melts and coffee granuiles dissolve, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature (don’t let butter resolidify).
– Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
– Combine butter mixture, sugars, egg, and egg yolk in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at lowe speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate mega-morsels and walnuts.
– Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
– Bake at 325 for 12 to 14 minutes. Cool cookies slightly on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
*I used half a bag of regular sized semisweet chocolate chips
Yield: 20 cookies
These turned out to be so chewy and delish! I’m sure I’ll be making more of these over the holidays.